CIVC Portfolio Company, KPA, Acquires Multimedia Training Systems
LAFAYETTE, Colo. – April 6, 2020 – KPA, a leading provider of Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and Workforce Compliance software, consulting, and training, announced today the acquisition of Multimedia Training Systems (MTS), a safety training company specializing in life-saving video programs for the manufacturing industry. MTS training is used by more than 90% of all North American steel mills and is strong in adjacent industries including steel processing, tube and pipe manufacturing, joist and rebar fabrication, metals recycling, plastics manufacturing, and recycling, concrete and asphalt, service centers, and more.
“MTS is a tremendous fit for KPA,” said Chris Fanning, KPA President and Chief Executive Officer. “We share a similar vision, culture, and mission for helping our clients improve their safety programs and save lives. The addition of MTS to the KPA team will enhance our ability to provide clients with an integrated portfolio of environment, health, and safety software, consulting services, and comprehensive training with both online and in-person content.”
MTS takes a unique and integrated approach to safety training by offering:
- Real-world training videos that make a lasting impact on employees. MTS interviews injured workers and their families and often records training videos on-site at a client’s facilities to ensure the training is highly relevant and impactful.
- Access to a video training portal where clients can view an extensive library of training videos, environmental releases, toolbox talks, and featured segments that include short interviews, accident and near-miss simulations.
- Access to the MTS Custom Course Builder, which allows organizations to develop individualized training courses using prefabricated content modules from MTS.
- Access to the MTS SafetyNet Learning Management System (LMS), so organizations can record and track all training that takes place at any facility, whether via computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- A complete contractor safety system, Con-Track, which enables organizations to ensure full safety training compliance for contract workers.
- A third-party driver safety system, Driver-Track, which ensures that drivers are sufficiently trained to properly operate and work while at a client’s facility.
“KPA is the ideal new owner for MTS,” said Dave Coffaro, President of MTS. “We share a common vision for helping clients tangibly improve their safety programs, and with KPA there are great possibilities for expanding the depth and breadth of training solutions we can offer the market, and to leverage KPA’s resources and expertise.”
Existing MTS operations will continue business as usual, and MTS clients will receive the same level of high-quality customer support as prior to the acquisition. KPA will continue MTS operations based in Pittsburgh, Penn.
KPA provides Environment, Health & Safety (EHS), and Workforce Compliance software and services for mid-sized businesses. KPA solutions help clients identify, remedy, and prevent workplace safety and compliance problems across their entire enterprise. The combination of KPA’s Vera Suite SaaS platform, EHS consulting services, and award-winning training content helps organizations minimize risk so they can focus on what’s important—their core business. For over 30 years, KPA has helped 10,000 + clients achieve regulatory compliance, protect assets, and retain top talent.
For more information, go to www.kpa.io or call 866.356.1735.
Multimedia Training Systems (MTS) provides safety training that changes employee behavior, prevents injuries and saves lives. MTS is recognized as a safety leader in the steel industry with training being used by more than 90% of North America steel mills. MTS delivers customer video content with riveting interviews with injured workers, powerful accident and near-miss recreations, challenging hazard recognition training exercises, and access to an extensive video library, custom course builder and SafetyNet learning management system (LMS). MTS training is translated into over 20 languages to meet the demands of clients around the world.
For more information, go to www.mtssafety.com or call 866.585.2256.